JW LIBRARY is an official app produced by Jehovah’s Witnesses. It includes six Bible translations, Sing to Jehovah, and Examining the Scriptures Daily—2014.
The following Bible translations are included:
1. The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (2013 revision) published by Jehovah’s Witnesses. This version contains:
• An introduction that answers 20 Bible questions.
• An outline of contents at the beginning of each Bible book.
• Footnotes and cross references.
• An index of Bible words and a glossary of terms.
• An appendix that includes maps, charts, and timelines, which help you gain the most from your Bible reading.
2. The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures—With References (1984 revision)
3. The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures. This Bible contains the Greek text edited by B. F. Westcott and F. J. A. Hort. Between the lines you will find a word-for-word English translation.
- Note: The Kingdom Interlinear Translation is only available on Android 4.0 and later.
4. The Bible in Living English (Steven T. Byington)
5. The American Standard Version
6. The King James Version
Choose a Bible translation, then select a specific Bible book and chapter. While viewing a chapter, you can:
• Tap a verse number: Compare all available Bible versions.
• Tap a footnote marker or reference letter: View the associated material side by side with the Bible text.
Find words and expressions that appear in the Bible text, and navigate to them directly. Sort the search results by the order in which they appear in the Bible or by how frequently they are used in publications produced by Jehovah's Witnesses.
• Swipe left: Move to the next chapter or section.
• Swipe right: Move to the preceding chapter or section.
• Bookmarks: Place markers in the text so you can easily find where you were reading.
• Additional publications and languages: Read and study books, magazines, and brochures published by Jehovah’s Witnesses.
• Highlighting and notes: Highlight portions of the text and make notes as you study.
© Copyright 2014 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania
read more ▼